What happens after I have been assessed for a Home Care Package?
- If you are eligible to receive a Home Care Package you will be informed by letter from My Aged Care, outlining the level of package that has been approved
- You will be placed onto a national priority queue and will be informed when a package becomes available
- You may be offered an interim package at a lower level while you wait for the package level you have been approved to receive
- Once you have been offered a package you have 56 days in which to accept the package by entering into a Home Care Agreement with a provider
- While you wait for your package, you are encouraged to research Home Care providers. Home Care Nursing offers a no-obligation appointment with one of our experienced Home Care Managers and Support Team to discuss tailoring a service to meet your needs. To arrange an appoint please call 02 4964 5555.
- For current wait times for packages visit My Aged Care or call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422